2D Unity Tutorial 01

 2D Unity Tutorial 01


A new semester, a new Unity tutorial! This time I'm learning how to create 2D games. Some of my favourite 2D games are 'Ori and the Blind Forest' and 'Hollow Knight'. Both of these games happen to be created using Unity. In this first tutorial I learned all the basics of setting up the 2D environment for the game. It took a bit of getting used to with all the different tools you need like the tile palette for basically painting the scenery onto the canvas. Making the character sprite move is kind of similar to the 3D version which is nice to find and makes this process easier.

One thing I found difficult about this Unity tutorial was the depth perception of the tiles that are laid down as the environment. I think I'll get to wrap my head around it in the next few Unity Tutorials. I look forward to learning the next few steps in 2D game development! :)



A screenshot of the end results of the tutorial.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Game Idea Research

Game Design