Game Design

 Game Design

What I really like about games is that there is no right definition for it. A game can be anything as long as you have the right criteria. There are so many different genres for games and sub-genres, for example action games, action-adventure games, adventure games, role-playing games, simulation games, strategy games, sports games, puzzle games and idle games. Each of these have sub-genres have multiple different options within.

In my opinion I feel like game development is really difficult there seems to be a lot going on but hopefully with this module I will find a better understanding to the ins and outs of game design and development. 



A screenshot of a simple game in development

Image Source









Comments

  1. Hi Lauren, I agree with you a 100%. Game can have plenty of different definitions and the truth is that it can mean something different to everyone else. In my opinion a game can be anything that you want, there is a lot to pick from, it’s what I like about them so much and they can be a good brain exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, I definitely agree with you a game can be anything you want it to be. I think each week we learn something different about games, so it harder to define what they truly are. I also agree with you on how game development seems to be really hard I hope it gets easier over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, I think you're right to say that a game can be so many different things. There can be a whole conversation you can have about the concept of a game and what games are as a whole. Some people might even argue with you but as long as there is an idea of aesthetic, emotional or reason then whatever end goal presented with obstacles is a game in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, I agree with you on your opinion of that being, a game can be more than one thing, it can be several different things. There are hundreds of conversations to be had about the concepts of a game and what makes a game whole. People can argue left and right about what they think makes a game, if there's conflict, obstacles and some sort of goal, it's a game to me!! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Game Idea Research