Game Brainstorm

Game Brainstorm

 I don't play many games but I have seen Youtubers and my friends play many games over the last 6/7 years. Recently I have been trying to get into playing games so I can play online with my friend. Yet again I have no motivation to sit and play games. 


I would like to make a game similar to "Cuphead", a run and gun game where you're task is to kill enemies to collect their souls. I tried to play this game a while back and it is so frustrating yet oddly addictive. I have seen people stuck on one level for hours making almost no progress but still going again and again. I would like to create something like a run and gun without the almost impossible aspect to it. I would like it it to still hold that difficult aspect but have it more playable by people like me.

Resources


Screenshot from the game: Cuphead

Image source 

 

Another game I would consider creating is something similar to "Firewatch", this is an adventure game that I have seen played once before on Youtube and what got me the most attention wise was the aesthetic and how good the game looked. I enjoyed watching someone play it more than if I was to play it myself and mainly due to the beautiful graphics. If I could create a beautiful looking adventure game, that would satisfy me for a long time. I might even like playing it more than just looking at it.

 Resources

Screenshot from the game: Firewatch

 Image source


Something similar to this but a puzzle game is "Monument Valley". You may have heard of this game before, it was really popular on mobile a few years ago. Again this game is really aesthetically pleasing but in a different way. You move buildings to solve the puzzles but they overlap in a slightly confusing manner where there is a trick of perspective so it can be tricky as all puzzles should be.

Resources 

Screenshot from the game: Monument Valley

Image source 


The last game I was considering is something similar to "Clustertruck". This is a game where you jump across moving trucks and avoid falling off or crashing. I liked watching this game being played but it also made me want to try it for myself and think that says a lot. Although I like the concept of this game a lot there are a few other games that have similar mechanics so it would be difficult to come up with an original game idea.

Resources 


 Screenshot from the game: Clustertruck

 Image source

Comments

  1. Hi Lauren, Nice post!
    I must admit... that adventure game sounds like a great idea, you provided a good example which hit hard considering I have not been on an adventure like that in a good while :(
    I was wondering did u have an idea of where you wanted to base this idea?
    What if that adventure game is based in an underground world that we can only access from specific place in the earth. In that world a jungle thrives.. monstrous predators and surviving prey, could also have a mutated human species that interact and live different than we do. Speak a different language and have crazy abilities to dig....That would be cool..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Game Idea Research

Game Design