Game Idea Research

 Game Idea Research


I have decided to go with the idea of a game similar to "Firewatch". I feel like I can do more with this kind of game style as it has a more open world feel to it rather than a level type game such as "Monument Valley". I think a Covid-19 themed game would be appropriate as it is relatable and everyone is affected by it one way or another. This idea could either deter people or intrigue them as the virus is viewed differently, some care about the well being of others and some don't.

Game Mechanics

1. Role play:

 I like the idea of playing as an entity that cares for the well being of the populous of the area they are in. They would be protecting the people from the virus as it spreads around the map.

2. Collecting:

The entity would collect the virus around the area stopping the spread and keeping people safe. After collecting there will be a safe area to put all the collected virus and contain it to stop the spread.

3. Capture/Eliminate:

At the end of the game I'd like a final boss type element to allow the entity to finally rid the virus from their area. I would like this happy ending as we would all like the virus to be gone from our lives. Life imitating art would be a great thing to happen if you ask me! :)


A Covid-19 spore that I would implement into the game as a collectable.

Image source

Resources 



Comments

  1. Hi Lauren,
    Your game idea is very different from everyone else. I really like how you are basic it around Covid-19 as everyone can relate to it. We all are sick of hearing of all the news about the Covid but having a game like this I think would make some people feel better.
    I was wondering how you are going to implement the virus in the game? Is it its actual shape or is it going to be like a villain? Are you going to try make the map look like a real place eg. Dublin or just whatever comes to your mind?
    If you haven't thought of it already you should allow the player to choose between different avatars they can play as,
    Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren
    I really like your game idea. Not only because it very different, but it is also very relevant at the moment. And even in the future this game will be remembered because it was such a big thing to happen in the world. Another cool thing about this is how realistic it is. Trying to stop the spread. Looking at the map to see where it is. This is all very realistic because we are all trying to stop the spread of the virus. We also all have the COVID-19 tracker app on our phones. I have never heard of "Firewatch", but I think that would be another reason I would be interested in playing your game. One I would love to know about your game is what platform is it going to be on so what controls does it have?
    - Cian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren
    First off wow I rely like your idea and I love how you used a real life problem to inspire you like Covid. I would definitely play a game like this, if only to see what it would be like to play. However I fell you could describe the entity(player) in a bit more bit more detale, is the entity a human, a ghost, a white blood cell? Also what kind of environment will we be playing in a suburb, a city, a lab or the wood?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Game Design