Unity Tutorial 03

 Unity Tutorial 03


This weeks Unity Tutorial was a bit easier to navigate now that I know how some more of the mechanics work. I have to say I enjoyed the more complex tasks as there were more objects to maneuver and they all had separate roles within the game. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to code the keys to do certain things instead of just moving a character up/down or left/right.


A screenshot of today's Unity Tutorial at the end of lesson 2.3

 

Something I didn't enjoy about this Unity Tutorial was the instructor would explain one way to write code in part 1, but then change it to a simpler way in part 2 of the tutorial. I find this very confusing because you never know what he will be altering. This is then frustrating because I know I will mix up the first way and the easier way when I have to complete a challenge at the end of the tutorial. Other than this hiccup I'm enjoying learning the mechanics of game development. I thought it would be almost all coding but I'm enjoying the folders, buttons, and drop down menus! I also enjoy getting distracted playing around with the game as it becomes more interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Game Idea Research

Game Design