2D Unity Tutorial 02

 2D Unity Tutorial 02


In this weeks 2D Unity Tutorial I learned how to add decorations to the environment of the game. I added some trees, mushrooms and lotus flowers to the area as well as two pink metal boxes. I also made sure these decorations were rendered properly.

In the second half of this Unity Tutorial I learned about the physics of a 2D game and how the sprites collide. There are a lot more steps than I would have guessed for this seemingly simple task but it is physics so its not supposed to be easy! I made the objects and the sprites in the game be able to collide in an appropriate way to make the game function and look better. I particularly liked adding the tile map collision onto the water areas that I have in my environment. I didn't really enjoy the coding aspect of this tutorial I don't really understand it fully. I'm looking forward to the next few parts of the tutorial it involves collectables and enemies!



A screenshot of the end results of the tutorial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Game Idea Research

Game Design