2D Unity Tutorial 04

 2D Unity Tutorial 04

The first part of this week's 2D Unity Tutorial involved animating the enemy robot character and the main character Ruby. I found it a little tricky to wrap my head around the wording and visuals because of the outdated interface used in the tutorials. Despite my best efforts there was an error message for the robot animation meaning there was no animation whatsoever. Ruby is animated perfectly but for some reason the robot just won't and I can't figure out what the problem is. The error message is reading "Parameter 'Move Y' does not exist". I looked at a Unity forum to find some answers and this bug has been around since 2012 with people still struggling with it in 2021. Here's the link to that forum. https://forum.unity.com/threads/animator-parameter-does-not-exists-bugg.168103/ . 

Moving on from that disaster I started the second part of the tutorial which was adding a projectile to Ruby. This was thankfully way easier than the last part, I had very little issues in this part. My only struggle was figuring out why the projectile wasn't being destroyed after being launched. The tutorial suggested a time of 1000.0f when it really should have been closer to 10.0f - 20.0f which is what I changed my values to.


(A screenshot of this weeks Unity Tutorial)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction

Game Idea Research

Game Design